It’s not enough to just buy a pair of expensive heels to look and feel sexy, you also need to know how to walk with your heels. This can be a long and rather painful process. Here are some helpful suggestions:
– Don’t start from never wearing heels to wearing a 5 “stiletto. Train your feet to allow your ankles to develop the strength they need to walk safely and gracefully over a period of several weeks.
– Not all high heels are created equal. Stand in your shoes on a hard, non-slippery surface with your knees straight and lift your fingers one inch apart. Can’t do it. That means that your heels are too high for you right now.
To strengthen your ankles, try these easy exercises:
Toe Raises – stand with your heels on the edge of the steps. Lift the ball with your feet, hold for 5 seconds and slowly lower your heels to the starting position. Repeat 10 times several times a day.
Heel and Toe Walking – start by walking on your toes for 20 seconds, switching and walking with your heels for 20 seconds. Wake up to one minute with your toes and heels alternately for 5 to 10 minutes. Do it several times a day.
– Take small steps and slow. Make sure not to bend your knees more than usual and place your heels before the toes. The higher the heel, the shorter your steps.
– Practice, practice, then practice again. Wear your heels for a few hours around the house before you take it out of town. Make sure you practice changing directions, going up and down stairs and trying various surfaces, such as carpets, linoleum, and tiles. Turn on fun music and dance. After you feel comfortable walking around your house, go outside and walk your sexy high heels up and down several times.
– Give yourself a break. Sit down every twenty minutes or so but don’t let go of your heels until you have finished practicing, this will worsen the pain. When you finish wearing high heels for the day, apply eucalyptus or other cold lotion to your feet.
– Change it. Try not to wear the same shoes for two days in a row. Let your shoes breathe between uses and remember that wearing high heels regularly contracts the Achilles tendon, which can cause heel pain. This can change your posture by placing excess strength on the inside of your knee and narrow toe space can thicken the nerves that cause pain and numbness in your toes.
Now that you know, it’s good to have lots of pairs of high heels with different heel shapes and heights and you know how to wear them properly, you don’t need to feel guilty anymore. Just have fun shopping for your next pair of sexy shoes.… Read More